From our very first public act as an organization, marching for women's voting rights in the Women's Suffrage March on March 3, 1913, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is committed to continued social activism through public education on policy; voter registration; education; and mobilization. We look to engage local, state, and national lawmakers to make them aware of issues that impact our communities and hold them accountable for improving the lives of those in the areas we serve.
Locally, the Schaumburg-Hoffman Estates Alumnae Chapter is actively involved in local, state, and national issues. We actively promote:
You are an important part of the 2020 Census. Every 10 years, the U.S. government counts every person that resides in the United States. This count is mandatory; it's confidentiality is also mandated by law.
* Everyone counts.
* When you take the Census, your privacy is protected. Identifying information will not be shared with other governmental agencies.
* The Census will not contain any questions regarding citzenship.
* The 2020 Census will determine how over $675 billion in federal funds is distributed, annually, to states, counties, and communities to support resources, such as schools, hospitals, and fire departments.
* The 2020 Census will determine how boundaries for your congressional district are drawn. It will also determine the amount of Congresspeople your state has. Every 10 years, districts and Congresspeople are adjusted based on the Census count.
* You can respond to the Census via: postal mail, phone, online, or in person.
For more information visit: https://2020census.gov/
Click the attachment below to find out important information about voting in the upcoming election.
Still unsure how to vote by mail? Click the attachment below for more information.