The Schaumburg-Hoffman Estates Alumnae's Economic Development programs are focused on eliminating poverty in our communities through sound educational outreach and economic development initiatives that focus on creating a legacy of sustainable wealth.
The Financial Fortitude initiative is compromised of 10 components and provides a collaboration of information from major economic corporations and other well-known financial institutions.
The 10 components include:
We collaborate with community organizations to provide workshops, lectures, and resources to positively impact our members and the communities we serve.
Billion Dollar Challenge
June 1, 2018- May 31, 2019
1. Create an account at BillionDollarPayDown.com
2. Go to the tab labeled "My Group" and search for "Schaumburg" in the "Group Name" field. Then select "DST-Schaumburg Hoffman Estates Alumnae Chapter" and request to join the group.
3. Thereafter, go to the "My Challenge" tab and begin your debt items.
4. Report debt payments monthly.
Click below to see detailed instructions.
2019 Upcoming Events
Financial Empowerment Workshops
1. College Funding Solutions: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 (See Events page for more details)
2. Social Security and Medicare Planning: Smart Money Week, Wednesday, April 3, 2019
This workshop is sponsored by the Schaumburg-Hoffman Estates Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., in partnership with Heartland Institute of Financial Education (HIFE) a National 501©3 non-profit organization that provides education programs to help families enjoy a more financially secure future.
A Certified Consultant from HIFE will teach you about the ins and outs of Medicare and help you understand the Enrollment Periods. Attendees are eligible for a one-hour complimentary consultation with one of the instructors.
Community Day: Saturday, May 4, 2019 - Mark your calendars!
This year we will have ~12 workshops and 30+ vendors!
Do you know a financial, real estate, or legal business, etc. expert that is interested in participating? We're still looking for workshop speakers and we are looking for suggestion here!
Please check back for updates!
For more information contact:
Carmela Davis & Jacqui Glanville, Co-Chairs